Get a head start on your career by using the same MGMA resources and networking that professionals use. MGMA student membership offers practical medical practice management resources to help you excel in the industry.
To qualify for MGMA student membership, you must be one of the following:
- A person who is a student pursuing a healthcare or business-related degree at an accredited college or university
- A person who has been otherwise deemed to be a Student member by the Association based on consideration of other factors in the Association’s sole discretion
Take advantage of the benefits listed below — as well as numerous others — to expand your knowledge and refine your healthcare industry expertise all at a reduced rate for four years.
Benefits of Student Membership
Get the support you need to land your dream job and position yourself for career advancement through:
- Free resume review — Receive a one-on-one professional review from MGMA partner TopResume to help you create a one-of-a-kind resume sure to make you stand out.
- Salary calculator — Use our industry-leading compensation data to find out what the right salary range is for you.
- Job board — Post your resume to the MGMA Career Center job board and connect with employers seeking qualified candidates like you.
Need to gain insight from seasoned professionals? Curious about real-world problems that practice managers are facing? In the MGMA Member Community, you can choose from a variety of communities to build your network, receive career advice and view solutions to real-time issues that professionals face today. We also offer a unique community discussion group called Launch Pad that is specifically for people early in their career — it's a great place to explore, ask questions, and join the discussion.
Gain leadership experience and grow your network while giving back. MGMA has myriad volunteer opportunities to help you learn new skills within the constraints of your busy schedule. Student members also have the opportunity to attend the MGMA Annual Conference for free as a student ambassador volunteer.
Apply for one of many scholarships and grants that MGMA awards each year to students who are pursuing a career in medical practice management. The ACMPE Scholarship Fund Inc. program financially supports eligible individuals who demonstrate potential to contribute to MGMA’s mission of transforming healthcare.
Early Career Resources
You can review a complete list of benefits specifically tailored for people early in their healthcare management career on our Early Careerist webpage.
How does student membership dues work?
It's a progression as you move towards your professional career:
If you are having trouble checking out, please contact the MGMA service center at 877.275.6462 ext. 1888 or email@example.com.
MGMA requires official documentation to verify eligibility for this type of membership.