Introducing: Ed Plus.
The subscription-based training and education platform from MGMA
What is it?
The best catalog of online education in the Practice Management industry, for one low annual subscription. Individuals may purchase an individual subscription or a subscription for the entire team. Ed makes a la carte purchasing a thing of the past – now you may train, grow, and earn oodles of CEU credits and valuable MGMA Certificates of Completion at your own pace and risk-free.
We have also developed a more user-friendly platform to give you and your team a much-improved experience.
Here's a little Ed preview:
It’s customizable to your organization.
As an Administrator, you can easily mix and match courses as you wish. You may also assign courses to individuals or teams and track their progress. Bonus: you can easily apply your logo so it feels like an organic part of your organization.
You are supported.
At any time, you will have access to a dedicated technical expert for Ed. Simply book a time and we can work through any issues or customizations together.
The bottom line?
Ed will allow you and your team to learn and achieve more for less. In the previous a la carte model, you could have spent over $600 to take or assign popular courses like HIPAA, OSHA, Front Office Success and Lean Leadership. Those courses, and more, are now a part of Ed Plus.
How much does it cost?
For Individual Subscribers: $129/year for members, $179/year for non-members.
For Organizations: you will be charged a flat percentage above your membership fee, and everyone in your organization will have access to the content. Please speak with your MGMA Account Manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ACMPE, medical practice administrators in certification and Fellowship through ACMPE
- ACHE, American College of Healthcare Executives Qualified Education
- CME, licensed physicians (MD/DO)
- CPE, Continuing Professional Education for accountants
- CEU, generic continuing education credit
Official Continuing Education Statement and Availability
American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE):
This program is approved as a live learning event for ACMPE continuing education hours. A cumulative total of 50 ACMPE continuing education credit hours is among the requirements for attaining the Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE) credential. To maintain CMPE or Fellow status, you must earn 50 hours of qualifying credit hours every three years, of which 30 hours must come from MGMA national, state or local offerings, including 12 from a live learning event.
One ACMPE credit is earned for every 60 minutes of educational content, rounded down to the nearest 0.25.
ACHE Qualified Education:
By attending the Ed Plus education offered by the Medical Group Management Association, participants may earn up to 26.25 ACHE Qualified Education Hours toward initial certification or recertification of the Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE) designation.
One ACHE credit is earned for every 60 minutes of educational content, rounded down to the nearest 0.25.
Continuing Medical Education (CME):
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME). The Medical Group Management Association is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Medical Group Management Association designates this live activity for a maximum of 22.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
™. Physicians should claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
One CME credit is earned for every 60 minutes of educational content, rounded down to the nearest 0.25.
Continuing Professional Education (CPE):
MGMA-ACMPE is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org
- In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. CPE credits have been granted based on a 50- minute hour. Rounded down to the nearest 0.5.
- This program is in the Specialized Knowledge field of study.
- The type of instruction is group-internet-based.
- National Registry of CPE Sponsors ID: #103652.
Continuing Education Units (CEU):
A certificate of attendance will be provided to healthcare professionals requesting generic CEUs for professional development, certifications through other professional associations or specialty societies.
One generic CEU credit is earned for every 60 minutes of educational content, rounded down to the nearest 0.25.
Disclosure of conflict of interest
The Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) and the Post Graduate Institute for Medicine (PIM) require instructors, planners, managers and other individuals who are in the position to control the content of this activity to disclosure any real or apparent conflicts of interact (COI) they may have as related to the content of this activity. All identified COI’s are thoroughly vetted and resolved according to MGMA policy. The existence or absence of COI for everyone in a position to control content will be disclosed to participants prior to the start of each activity.
Ed provides an easy and convenient approach to accessing ACMPE credits as well as credits from other nationally recognized accreditations. With the constantly expanding library of courses that will be available, each learner will be able to find material, training, and learning paths that can be curated to your roles, objectives, and professional development. Additional credit types include:
|Front Office Success
|Essentials of Group Practice Management
||Included in Membership
|Every MGMA Webinar in the past 12 months
|Recordings from the Medical Practice Excellence: Pathways Conference DX
Complete list of courses included with Ed Plus (new courses may be added at any time)
Essentials of Group Practice Management
The foundational body of knowledge essential for Practice Management success.
- Essentials of Group Practice Management 100 Level Series
- Essentials of Human Resources Management 100 Level
- Essentials of Operations Management 100 Level
- Essentials of Financial Management 100 Level
- Essentials of Patient-Centered Care 100 Level
- Essentials of Organization Governance 100 Level
- Essentials of Risk and Compliance Management Benchmarking 100 Level
- Accounting Basics 200 Level
- Financial Reporting and Analysis 200 Level
- Internal Control and Cash Flow 200 Level
- Introduction to Risk Adjustment Models and HCC Coding
- Customer Service 100 Level
- Effective Debt Collection 100 Level
- Financial Management 200 Level
- The Revenue Cycle 200 Level
- Dozens of 60-minute webinars – every webinar run in the past 12 months
Seminars and Instructor-led Classes
Ed houses perennially popular teacher-led courses and seminars, including Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, MGMA Medical Coding & CPC Preparation Course, Coding for Non-Coders, and many more.
These can be purchased for an additional fee.
Compliance and Safety
- HIPAA | OSHA
- What to Know About Healthcare Waste, Fraud, and Abuse
- Safety First! Keeping Your Workplace Safe
- Employment Law for Medical Practices
- Revenue Cycle Compliance and Fraud
- Keeping Up with Revenue Cycle Compliance
Coding (licensed from AAPC)
- Modifier Mania
- Creating Coding Policies in Risk Adjustment
- E/M Training
- Medical Billing for Insurance: A Beginner’s Guide
- Guidelines: the Foundation of Coding
- HCC Compliance: Maximizing Results
Cancellations must be received within 14 days or purchase to eligible for a full refund.
Contact the MGMA Service Center for cancellations or refunds:
Complaint resolution policy
Please contact the MGMA Service Center toll-free at 877.ASK.MGMA (275.6462) for issues or concerns with this webinar.