(Oct. 22, 2019) – Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) proudly introduces three new board members, a new board chair and its slate of board members for 2019-2020. Collectively, the board members include leading healthcare and business experts who will provide strategic oversight and pave the way toward MGMA’s innovation and growth. This diverse group brings a broad set of skills and expertise that will help further MGMA’s mission to empower healthcare providers to create meaningful change in the healthcare industry.
MGMA extends gratitude to outgoing board chair, Todd Grages, MSBA, FACMPE, FACHE, president and chief executive officer of Methodist Physicians Clinic in Omaha, Neb., for his service over the past year; and introduces William “Bill” R. Hambsh, CPA, FACMPE, as the incoming board chair, effective Oct. 16. In addition, MGMA welcomes three new board members: Jennifer Gosney, Michael O’Connell and Lola Osawe.
Hambsh is a proven leader with an innovative and results-oriented approach to all aspects of medical practice management. His career started in public accounting and Hambsh found his true passion in healthcare when he entered the medical practice field working as an accountant in a medical office. Today, he is the chief executive officer at North Florida Women’s Care, the largest OBGYN practice in Tallahassee, Fla., where he is responsible for practice strategy, operations and management of almost 100 employees.
“MGMA is able to stay on a trajectory of growth because of the support and trust of our board members. This diverse and dedicated group of men and women have a vision of where the healthcare industry is heading and they have the ability to innovate and create positive change,” said Halee Fisher-Wright, MD, MMM, FAAP, FACMPE, president and chief executive officer of MGMA. “I’m grateful to these leaders for serving our members and this organization as we continue to expand and bring meaningful resources to the healthcare industry.”
New members appointed to the MGMA Board of Directors:
Changes to the MGMA Board include:
- Jennifer "Nifty" Gosney, MBA, CPA, FACMPE, FACHE, CHFP, regional director, Finance, Baylor Scott and White Health, Temple, Texas, will serve as a member of the MGMA/ACMPE Board for a term of three years.
- Michael O’Connell, MHA, FACMPE, FACHE, senior vice president, Operations, Stanford Health Care, Newark, California, will serve as a member of the MGMA/ACMPE Board for a term of three years.
- Lola Osawe, DHA, FACHE, FACMPE, IHC, chief executive officer, Chesapeake Eye Center & Surgical Services, Maryland; also serves as a US Air Force reserve officer (IMA) currently assigned to Headquarters Air Education and Training Command’s Office of the Command Surgeon (HQ AETC/SG), Joint Base San Antonio, Texas, she will serve as a member of the MGMA/ACMPE Board for a term of three years.
Returning MGMA Board members include:
- Todd D. Grages, MSBA, FACMPE, FACHE, president and chief executive officer, Methodist Physicians Clinic, Omaha, Neb., will serve as MGMA immediate past board chair.
- William R. Hambsh, CPA, FACMPE, chief executive officer, North Florida Women’s Care, Tallahassee, Fla., will serve as MGMA board chair.
- Karen Marcelo, BSN, MBA, FACMPE, director of medical operations, Advocate Physician Partners, Advocate Health Care, Rolling Meadows, Ill., will serve as MGMA board vice chair.
- Jeffrey W. Smith, CPA, CGMA, MBA, CMPE, chief executive officer of Piedmont HealthCare PA, Statesville, N.C, will serve as MGMA finance and audit chair.
- Ryan Campbell, MSHA, FACHE, FACMPE, vice president, operations, CaroMont Medical Group, Gastonia, N.C.
- Daniel Cassavar, MD, MBA, FACC, FACP, FSCAI, interventional cardiologist and senior advisor to the Medical Advantage Group, Bowling Green, Ohio
- Eric D. Crockett, MBA, FACMPE, Regional Chair - Administration, assistant professor, Health Care systems Engineering, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.
- Paul DeMuro, PhD, JD, MBA, FACMPE, FHFMA, CHC, CPA, attorney, Nelson Mullins Riley Broad and Cassel, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Gregory S. Feltenberger, PHD, MBA, FACMPE, FACHE, chief executive officer, Idaho Urologic Institute PA, Surgery Center of Idaho, LLC, Meridian, Idaho.
- Michael T. Funk, CMPE, FACHE, vice president of OCMO Humana Inc., Louisville, Ky.
- Halee Fischer-Wright, MD, MMM, FAAP, FACMPE, president and chief executive officer, MGMA, Englewood, Colo.
- Carrie Kozlowski, OT, MBA, chief operating officer and co-founder Upfront Healthcare Services, Chicago Ill.
- Richard T. Schlosberg IV, MD, FAAP, pediatrician and chief administrative officer, ABCD Pediatrics, San Antonio, Texas.
Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) is the premier association for professionals who lead medical practices. Since 1926, through data, people, insights, and advocacy, MGMA empowers medical group practices to innovate and create meaningful change in healthcare. With a membership 55,000 medical practice administrators, executives, and leaders, MGMA represents more than 15,000 organizations of all sizes, types, structures and specialties that deliver almost half of the healthcare in the United States. www.mgma.com