Englewood, Colo. (October 22, 2018)
– Today, Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) proudly announces its 2018-2019 Board of Directors. The new Board includes leading healthcare business executives from across the nation. A group of men and women with diverse backgrounds and expertise that will help further drive the organization’s mission to create meaningful change in the healthcare industry.
MGMA recognizes and extends gratitude to outgoing Chair, Yvette Doran, MBA, FACMPE, president and CEO of Saint Thomas Medical Partners/Ascension Medical Group in Nashville, Tenn., for her leadership and service over the past year, and introduces Todd Grages, MSBA, FACMPE, FACHE, president and chief executive officer of Methodist Physicians Clinic in Omaha, Neb., as the incoming Chair, effective October 3.
After finishing his college degree in chemistry and completing his Army training as a Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Officer, Grages was stationed in a nuclear unit of the 56th
Field Artillery Pershing in Schwabisch Gmund, Germany. Grages was later assigned to the 1st
Armor Division and deployed to Southwest Asia in support of Operation Desert Storm. After completing his tour in Southwest Asia, Grages was awarded the Bronze Star Medal and discharged from the Army. He then started a new career in healthcare and has since served as a medical practice executive in a variety of organizations for the past 25 years.
“We have assembled a group of talented individuals, leaders from various backgrounds and experiences, to work alongside us in our quest to make a great impact in our industry. Through this decision to expand ourselves and seek new perspectives from healthcare leaders with different perspectives, I believe we will be better equipped to serve our members and the industry at-large,” said Halee Fischer-Wright, MD, MMM, FAAP, FACMPE
, president and chief executive officer of MGMA.
New members appointed to the MGMA Board of Directors include:
Changes to the MGMA Board include:
- Daniel Cassavar, MD, Bowling Green, Ohio.
- Paul DeMuro, FACMPE, FHFMA, CHC, CPA, PhD, attorney, Broad & Cassel, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Michael T. Funk, CMPE, FACHE, vice president of OCMO, Humana Inc., Louisville, KY.
- Carrie Kozlowski, OT, MBA, chief operating officer and co-founder, Upfront Healthcare Services, Chicago, Ill.
- Ross Ronan, BSN, JD, CMPE, chief compliance officer and executive vice president, Envision Health, Greenwood Village, Colo.
Returning MGMA Board members include:
- Yvette T. Doran, MBA, FACMPE, president and chief executive officer, Saint Thomas Medical Partners/Ascension Medical Group-Tenn., will serve as MGMA immediate past chair.
- Todd D. Grages, MSBA, FACMPE, FACHE, president and chief executive officer, Methodist Physicians Clinic, Omaha, Neb., will serve as board chair.
- William R. Hambsh, CPA, FACMPE, chief executive officer, North Florida Women’s Care, Tallahassee, Fla., will serve as board vice chair.
- Karen Marcelo, FACMPE, director of medical operations, Advocate Physician Partners, Advocate Health Care, Rolling Meadows, Ill., will serve as finance and audit chair.
- Jeffrey William Smith, CPA, CGMA, MBA, CMPE, president and chief executive officer of Piedmont Healthcare PA, Statesville, N.C, will serve as finance and audit vice chair.
- Mike Biselli, president and chief executive officer, Catalyst Health-Tech Innovation, Denver, Colo.
- Ryan Campbell, FACHE, FACMPE, vice president, operations, CaroMont Medical Group, Gastonia, N.C.
- Eric D. Crockett, MBA, FACMPE, vice chair, provider relations, assistant professor, Health Care Systems Engineering, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.
- Gregory S. Feltenberger, PHD, MBA, FACMPE, FACHE, chief executive officer,
Idaho Urologic Institute PA, Surgery Center of Idaho, LLC, Meridian, Idaho.
- Halee Fischer-Wright, MD, MMM, FAAP, FACMPE, president and chief executive officer, MGMA, Englewood, Colo.
- Anne C. Hill, MBA, FACMPE, chief executive officer, Gastroenterology Associates of the Piedmont, Pa. (GAP), Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Richard T. Schlosberg IV, MD, FAAP, pediatrician and co-owner, ABCD Pediatrics, San Antonio, Texas.
Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) is the premier association for professionals who lead medical practice. Since 1926, through data, people, insights, and advocacy, MGMA empowers medical group practices to innovate and create meaningful change in healthcare. With a membership of more than 45,000 medical practice administrators, executives, and leaders, MGMA represents more than 12,500 organizations of all sizes, types, structures and specialties that deliver almost half of the healthcare in the United States. www.mgma.com