Gain an overview of organizational governance, patient centered care, operations, human resource, financial and risk and compliance management.
This online course is exclusive to MGMA members.
Member login Become a member
Learn what it takes to excel as a medical group practice manager.
Essentials of Group Practice Management – the most up to date and comprehensive course of its kind – will provide a thorough overview of the essential concepts and skills required of today's medical practice management professionals.
This course is based on the fundamentals of medical practice management described in the Body of Knowledge for Medical Practice Management, 2nd Edition.
After completing the course, you will have a solid foundation in medical practice management.
This course consists of six modules, with each module divided into several short segments so that you can complete one or more segments during one session, depending on the time you have available.
This course is not a substitute for years of experience; rather it is designed to deliver essential knowledge and skills that participants should enhance with hands-on experience and continuing professional development.
- Available for 60 days from the first time you login to your course
- Start when you like
- Choose your own schedule and pace
Engaging, up-to-date content to maximize learning:
- Multimedia, videos and animation
- Interactive quizzes and real-life problem-solving scenarios
- Identification of learning gaps and additional resources to close those gaps
- The ability to take notes within the course platform and print for future reference
To provide you maximum scheduling flexibility, this course is divided into several short segments, allowing you to complete one or more at a time.
Who should participate?
- Members studying for the ACMPE certification exams
- New/Intermediate practice managers/administrators
Frequently asked questions.
Continuing Education Information
- Delivery method: self-paced study | ongoing
- Learning Level: Intermediate
- Prerequisites: A fundamental knowledge of medical group practice management.
- Learning Format: Traditional
- Advance preparation: None
- Duration: Approximately 420 minutes
- Available for: ACMPE: 7 | CEU: 7
If you wish to claim ACMPE or continuing education unit (CEU) credit for this eLearning course, participants must successfully complete all eLearning modules and the cumulative exam.
Official Continuing Education Statements and Availability
American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE)
Credit continues to be a free member benefit for Certified Medical Practice Executives (CMPEs) and Fellows in the American College of Medical Practice Executives (FACMPEs) and can be claimed on these members' ACMPE transcripts.
ACMPE credit is available to MGMA members who are enrolled in the Association’s credentialing program. Learn more about ACMPE credit.
One ACMPE credit is earned for every 60 minutes of educational contact, rounded down to the nearest 0.25.
Continuing Education Units (CEU)
Generic CEU certificates of attendance are available to registered eLearning participants who complete the course as described above.
One generic CEU credit is awarded for every 60 minutes of educational contact, rounded down to the nearest 0.25.
For questions regarding continuing education, please contact us!
email@example.com l 877.275.6462, ext. 1836 | fax: 303.784.6083
You will need:
- Internet: A high-speed internet connection
- Audio: Computer speakers or headphones
- Learning management system: Run this system check
Training courses purchased but not yet started will be eligible for a refund minus a $30 setup cost within 90 days from the date of purchase. Fees cannot be refunded once the program has been started or completed.
Contact the MGMA Service Center for cancellations or refunds:
If for any reason MGMA must cancel this program, MGMA will notify participants by email of the cancellation no less than five business days prior to the cancellation of the program. Full registration fees will be refunded in full within 90 days of the cancellation.
Complaint resolution policy
Please contact the MGMA Service Center toll-free at 877.ASK.MGMA (275.6462) for issues or concerns with this course.