Delivering quality care focused on patient safety and efficient operations
Patient-centered care in a medical practice means ensuring that patients receive the best possible care, keeping the organization focused on patient safety and striving for efficient operations. Patient-centered care refers to the ability to create an environment and develop processes that support the best possible patient encounters.
Patient-centered care performance objectives include:
- Explain patient workflow.
- Differentiate appropriate and inappropriate patient communication.
- Define and explain standards of care.
- Define and discuss the significance of continuity of care.
Quality initiatives and measurement activities.
- Define and recognize industry quality standards.
- Create a benchmark target and evaluate performance quality based on the established benchmark target.
- Give an example of providing proper feedback and implementing corrective action.